Sunday, November 21, 2010

What a long day!



Hey! Alina Mota here. Hmm... five words to describe 10:20 pm, November 20th, California time to right now: loud, exciting, hectic, TIRING, and TIRING.
What can I say? Despite my pre-trip anxiety (we do have two times the amount of people on this trip!) I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful everything has been going so far. Every single one of the "krew" has been so FLEXIBLE (that's our key word for the trip).

The First Flight:
It was out to Miami, was a red-eye, and while I was faintly trying to sleep, the "krew" was up the WHOLE time! Crazy. I don't know how they can do that. I love my sleep :)
The Second Flight:
Silence. The words crash and burn come to mind. ;)

This krew of 2010 is more spoiled than my krew was... This year we have a HUGE bus with air conditioning! If anyone from DR KREW 2009 is reading this, I am so sorry. I was pretty mad too -_- It's all good though. ;)

Tomorrow is our first day at my grandfather's facility and I'm pretty sure we will be playing a lot of games and opening the eyes of twelve American teens.

That's all I've got to say :) Hi to anyone waiting for me to post something :)

Much love, Alina

9 comments:

  1. One year ago today, i was embarking on this same journey. Im extreamly excited for you all! This trip is a true gift from God. Make sure you guys take in every second, take lots of pictures, and enjoy youself. You are all in my prayers.

    ps...oh my goshh! air conditioning!

    -Allison DeFina
    D.R. Krew 2009

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful note Alina! While we miss our (Sweetie) Marissa, we know she is in goods hands and that the Lord is watching over all of you! Remember everyone....ONLY DRINK BOTTLED WATER, BUG REPELLENT, SUNBLOCK!

    SENDING YOU LOTS OF LOVE and BLESSINGS!
    LOVE WINS. 143!!!

    --------------MARISSA'S MOM AND DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi everyone, this is nanee's sister. Glad everyone made it safe and sound. Enjoy every seconds. Everyone in the U.S is jeoulous such as me. Miss you all already. take lots of picture.

    P.S. Baba... I found you what you have been looking for...

    love Chritine Halladjian

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I SO WISH I WAS THERE WITH U ALL. OK HERE COME THE WATER WORKS ;) OK I'VE COLLECTED MYSELF.

    DID U GUYS END UP TAKING BUBBLES? GOSH I HOPE SO. MOMS...U MUST MEET THE "SISTERS"!
    LUV & PRAYERS cinthia karim

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like everyone will get some much needed sleep Sunday night! Monday you will wake rested and ready to do what you have been waiting to do for months - meet and serve the community in the Dominican. We can't wait to hear what the Lord will do! Nicole, everyone has been calling asking if you arrived safely and to let you know they are praying for you. We miss you and are excited to hear what you are doing.
    Love you, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo excited for the DR Krew..Yes, I miss my Cortney but I know she's in great hands and doing amazing things over there. Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pics. Love and prayers to all.
    Erika van Olphen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please post something... even one single picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks

    Chritine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Alina
    The idea you had as a little first grader years ago has blossomed into a wonderful expression of love and compassion from our FCS families. Your dream has made serving others a greater reality for our students.
    Mr. G

    ReplyDelete