Sunday, November 28, 2010

Best Thanksgiving-break EVER!!!!

Wow. What a breathtaking, eye-opening, stressful, emotional, fun filled, adventerous week. This trip was way better than I had expected it to be. Seriously. The houses the people live in are not good at all. The kids there only get like one meal a day.

It was nice to make a bunch of Dominican friends, hang out by the water, take pictures, help kids get their uniforms, see the really small Christian school, give an older lady sunglasses, try new food, kiss Cortney's foot :), speak Spanish (TONS!!), paint a billion nails, give piggy back rides, share hazelnuts, try new food, be called AMERICANA AMERICANA, give out toys and candy, put shoes on peoples feet, clothe babies, have meetings by the beach, meet a Pasta Guy :), kick soccer balls with orphans, share my sunglasses with fifty girls, play pato pato ganzo (duck duck goose), play hand games, play with Grace and give out lots of food.

I wouldn't trade this week to anyone for the world!!! I wish I could've stayed longer, but I think God wants us to come home so we can tell people who weren't with us all about the heartbreaking events and trageties we saw so that we can do something bigger and better. I'll post some of my pictures later...

Much love to the Republica Dominicana. :)

Always remember.... you don't say "Your Mom." You say.... :)

Love :) Nataline

No comments:

Post a Comment